A New Image for Fitness

Bailee Chapman, Student Life Staff Writer

Kearns- Our Kearns community has recently introduced a newly refurbished building for its residents. This building includes a drastic change in features for all local citizens. Some of these features include but are not limited to, a new gym, new public areas, meeting rooms for businesses and parties, and a connection between the Utah Olympic Oval and the Kearns Oquirrh Park Fitness Center. The KOPFC was dated to be finished in late 2018, and as of today, all features are open to the public, including the bridge between both buildings and the new public areas.

The official KOPFC website states that “The proximity of the Kearns Oquirrh Park Fitness Center (KOPFC) and the Utah Olympic Oval presents a unique opportunity to encourage healthy lifestyles and an experience unmatched elsewhere to train alongside Olympians and elite athletes.” The new features of the facility are shaped around the opinions and requests of Kearns residents.

We interviewed one of the lifeguards who worked at the fitness center at the time of renovation and recorded her responses. She stated that she liked the new building and she would definitely recommend using it to family members and friends. She states, “The renovation doesn’t affect the branch I work in, but the new equipment in the gym makes it looks nice and refurbished.” The sixteen-year-old lifeguard uses the facility almost every day for work and for after school swim practice.

We also interviewed Carson Zierse, a student at Kearns High School. He states that his favorite part about the renovation is the new gym, and that he appreciates the new weights and equipment. He says that since he has been using the new gym, he is, in his own words, is now “Super jacked” and “So strong that you can see the veins in my arms.”

The new facility will provide modern, healthy ways for the community to come together as a whole. The Kearns Oquirrh Park Fitness Center is open every day of the week, but the hours of operation may vary depending on the day. The KOPFC encourages the members of the community to come and experience the new facility and all that it has to offer.