Auto Shop and Why You Should Take it

Melanie Zendejas, Staff Writer

Its 9:00 in the morning and the alarm has gone off late causing you to run behind.  It is now 9:30 am and you are rushing to get ready for school and must wait for the car to heat up.   As you begin your journey towards the school, you find yourself going over the speed limit in the hopes of getting there.  Suddenly, you begin to feel the car slow down then suddenly it comes to an immediate stop.  You then begin to rethink your decision about not taking auto shop.

As you sit off to the side of the road, you begin thinking about some of the things that you could have learned in auto shop and how it could have helped you and others in the end.

“Auto shop is a class that gives students at Kearns High School an opportunity to learn and work on vehicles. Auto shop affects the community in a positive way. It gives the ability to work on vehicles at a lower cost,” states Mr. Glasmann, the auto shop teacher.

Auto shop cannot only help you in the future but it can also help you now.  “Auto shop makes the students more aware of cars and how they work. In class, students work on cars and trucks safely,” stated Mr. Glasmann.

Auto shop is a very hands on class that can teach students beneficial skills for the future, which could help the next time they are stranded on the road or just need a simple oil change.