Why You Should Watch “Once Upon a Time”

Mikie Layton, Staff Writer

“Once upon a time……” we have all heard this saying before, either from a childhood fairy tale or story. These words always indicate that an adventure is to come, and the T.V. show, “Once Upon A Time,” is no exception to this.
The show “Once Upon a time” or ‘OUAT’, as fans call it, is about all the fairy tale creatures who get cursed by the Evil Queen. To get revenge on Snow white, the evil queen sent them all to a place where no one gets their happily ever after, our world. Yet, before she can send them away, Snow White has a baby girl who is destined to save them from this curse. Snow sends her baby through a portal to our world before the curse hits her so she will still have the chance to save them when she is older. The baby girl was named Emma Swan. Because she was sent away, she grows up in several foster homes. The audience get to see a view of what it is like to grow up without a family and how it affects her as she ages.
The main theme of “OUAT” is that no matter what, people will always be there for others, whether one know it or not. It also teaches that anyone can find love. Despite the fairy tale factor, this show is not a children’s show; for it is classified as a drama. With magic, sword fights, and romance, it is sure to keep the audiences interested. The Cougar Claw interviewed Charlotte Brown, as student, who grew up in a foster home.
Charlotte has seen the show and loves it. Her favorite character is Snow White. When asked if she relates to Emma, she states, “I do, I really do. I know the struggle of not growing up with your real parents. Not knowing why they gave you up, if they ever loved you, if they even care, if you will ever see them again. They really showed these problems in the show. Emma is a great character to relate to. She has gone through these struggles and she still always finds a way to make it through it.”
The Cougar Claw asked Chloe Bradley, a student, if she has ever seen “Once Upon a Time”, she replied, “No I haven’t. I have seen commercials for it but I have never gotten around to sitting down and watching it.” Yet, she is considering going on Netflix and watching it herself.