2017 Kearns High Pep Rally

Brandy Yuill

On October 5, 2017 here at Kearns High, our students and faculty had the opportunity to participate in our annual Homecoming Pep Rally. As many of the class officers said, “It is a lot of hard work paid off.” Often times we don’t realize how much time and effort our SBOs and other officers put into the events held here at Kearns High. Many hours are spent in preparation for each event that occurs throughout
each school year. As the Student Body Officers prepare for these events, many ideas get tossed around and discussed. Some get pulled out and other put in, each thoroughly considered and agreed upon to ensure that is a fun and safe experience for all involved.
Our Miss Kearns 2nd Attendant, Michelle Sorenson says, “It’s a great way to show your school spirit and be with friends.” The pep rally is for students here at Kearns, it although does not exclude those outside of high school. At the Kearns High Pep Rallys we are able to show school spirit and we get to see all of the effort that the performing arts have put into show us what they can do to show school spirit. At these kinds of events we are all able to be together and not have any kind of fighting or arguing because in one way or another we are all proud of our school, drama is proud of their musical that they are performing this fall, the marching band is proud to be the only marching band in the district, the football team is proud of how many games they have won so far.
None of this would be possible without Kearns High and this is why we put on these pep rallies, we want to show off Kearns High and we want to show our alumni how we’ve grown and how we’ve become such an amazing school since they left. Students who volunteer their time as cheerleaders, Dance Company, drill team, pep band and SBOs want to see this event have a good and long lasting legacy that everyone will be talking about in the years to come. Thanks to all the amazing support and participation of all the performing groups, this year’s pep rally was one memorable experiences.