100 Opinions on Shows and Movies

Kalika Havili, Student Life Staff Writer

Kearns- I surveyed 100 students from Kearns High School asking them what their favorite movies and shows are from this summer. The first question that I asked was “What was your movie that came out this summer?” The second question that I asked was “Do you prefer Netflix or Hulu?” The next question that was asked was “What is your favorite show on Netflix?” My very last question that I asked was if these students like and/or watch YouTube.

Out of these 100 students 22%of them did not answer. The movie that has the highest percent is “Spiderman Far from Home.” The movie with the lowest percent was any of the movies that were set onto the “other” category. I noticed that there was a lot of different movies that these students liked.

The second question that I asked these students was “Do you prefer Netflix or Hulu?” 69% prefer Netflix instead of Hulu. 22% prefer Hulu; 5% like both and the last two percent do not like either Netflix or Hulu.

The next question is “What is your favorite Netflix show?” The most popular Netflix show amongst these students was “Stranger Things” (ST3 on the graph) with 11%. Although these next shows have high Rotten Tomato rating; not many of these students liked “Jane the Virgin” and “Supernatural.” “Jane the Virgin” has a Rotten Tomato rating of 100% and “Supernatural” has a Rotten Tomato rating of 88%. These are really good ratings in comparison to other shows and movies.

The last question that I asked was a simple yes or no question “Do you like and/or watch YouTube?” 81% of the students answered yes and 19% answered no.