College Events In Utah

Dixie Poindexter

Kearns- Hundreds of students across Utah are going into their senior year, with many considering the colleges and careers they would like to pursue. Utah colleges are hosting events to get students interested in their campus and to introduce students to colleges and universities.

Some of the college events taking place include, a college admission open house at USU Eastern, a GRE Workshop at the University of Utah and a multicultural conference taking place at the Salt Lake Community College bookstore.

The Open house at Utah State University will take place at USU Eastern (451 E 400 N) November 19 and will go on from 5 to 6:30 PM. This event is meant to help seniors learn more about applying to USU.

The University will have admissions staff available to ask questions. During the open house, there will be a discussion about scholarship opportunities, they would like all students attending the event to bring transcripts and test scores with the chance of receiving scholarships.

Experts will also be available to speak to about academic programs, financial aid and student life at USU. Aggie gear will also be available to win throughout the night and “free Aggie Ice cream.”

The GRE Workshop at the University of Utah will take place Thursday, November 21 from 6 to 8 PM. The event is being hosted at the ‘Continuing Education and Community Engagement building in Salt Lake City.

The workshop will be free, and tips will be provided to help students prepare for the GRE testing. Students attending the GRE workshop will have the option to ask questions and the chance to receive 20% off a test prep class at the University of Utah. The event is being hosted at the ‘Continuing Education and Community Engagement building in Salt Lake City.

Another very popular college event is the Multicultural Conference and the Salt Lake Community College Bookstore (4600 S Redwood Road, Salt Lake City). The event will take place Friday, November 15 from 8 AM to 1 PM.

The Multicultural Conference is a meeting for high school students to celebrate their diversity and culture. There will be a speaker at the event who has not yet been named. Students will also choose 3 workshops to attend, and then the day will be wrapped up with a lunch during an open panel discussion among students.

There are still a variety of college events for high school students so be sure to check those out or talk to your counselor about those opportunities.