We Don’t Need Wings to Fly

Kayden Betsuie, Sports Reporter

The Kearns High Track and Field team is starting their pre-season workouts and they plan to get to the top of their game this season. They did well last year, and a couple athletes make it to state, Emmanuel Andrew, Jaron Koehler, Kacey Hardman, Carly Koehler and others. Most of the contestants were seniors and the plan for this season is to get more people to state.

The Cougar Claw had a chance to talk to Emily Williams the health teacher and athletic director at Kearns High School. They have a lot of returned athletes this year, they should have good performances. They also have new coaches this year so they will see how much these new coaches change the team with their skills.

There are multiple scholarships available for track and field for sprinting and throwing as well as other events. Emily Williams knows the more players that are hardworking are able to help bring this team to their season goals. Emily knows the more hardworking people that want to come out and run, the more they will succeed and get higher than last year.

You don’t have to be fast to come join track, you just have to be dedicated to keep showing up every day and they will push you to become a better you. They will help you get ready for any sport that’s coming up.

They have study halls Tuesday and Thursday after school 2:15-3:15, pre-season workouts Monday- Thursday; Monday and Wednesday after school, Tuesday and Thursday in the morning. They want to do the best they can and help improve everyone as a team. Kearns High Track and Field has goals for this year and believe they will achieve those goals. They have a fresh start to make some big statements.