Opportunities Through Welding

Opportunities Through Welding

Cosette Freeman, Writer

There are so many great opportunities for students to express their creative and artistic abilities here at Kearns. One of those opportunities would be taking the welding class! Welding is the joining together of metal by melting them to each other. Mr. Lewis teaches welding in room 309, for a $20-25 class fee. Mr. Lewis told The Cougar Claw that at the beginning of the class, of course, they are just taught how to weld well. After they learn to weld it’s basically just up to them and their imagination to create their own projects. Students have made a great amount of awesome things; lanterns, coat racks, cubes, and even feeding stalls for animals! Although there is a class fee per semester, many people would definitely say it’s worth it. Autymn Haner, a second year welding student, is one of those people. She says that her favorite part of the class is when they get to spend time in the shop, while her least favorite part is when they are not in the shop. When The Cougar Claw asked her what her favorite project to make was she said that it was when they made the cubes, like the one in the picture! So there is a bit of an overview of this class! You can always choose to take welding next semester! If there is anything else you would like to know, don’t be afraid to ask Mr. Lewis himself.