Who’s that Cougar

Sara Brener

Who’s That Cougar is a story in which the Cougar Claw picks a random student from a random class. The Cougar Claw interviews the student and get a view of the student’s life, then shares it with the school. The cougar we caught was Christina Truong.

Christina Truong is a freshman at Kearns High School. She was born in Utah and has been living here for her whole life with her brother and parents. In their house, they sometimes allow other people to live there. One year, they allowed a Japanese foreign exchange student to temporarily live with them to help him learn English. Along with them, she has a pet fish named Sushi that lives in a fish shaped bowl.

She goes to school looking forward to Geography, which is her favorite class. But, she has been looking forward even more to going to her Cross Country practice. After school, she runs for almost an hour and a half. She looks forward to Cross Country meets such as one that took place in California, which she said was “the best event of the year.”

To relax from her day of track and school, she sometimes paints her nails. Depending on the holiday, she paints certain designs like Easter eggs, Valentine’s Day hearts, or Christmas trees. She also loves to draw and paint multiple henna designs on people’s hands or on her homework assignments. While painting her nails or drawing, she also likes to listen to alternative music.