Promposals Get Sweet

Cosette freeman, Writer

Everybody hears all about the prom talk in high school, especially at this time of year. Of course the actual act of going to prom is one of the greatest parts, but another great factor to prom is asking that special someone to go with you. Being able to ask your friends and significant others to prom in creative and exciting ways has always been a huge part to the prom experience. Tiffany Zurawski, a senior, knows a lot about this as she had been planning for around two months to ask her significant other, Gage Martinez, to prom. To ask him to the dance, she used a poster along with clever candy-written sentences. She presented the poster to Gage on February 10th during their 3B class, Ceramics. She ended her speech with the lines, “Finally we’ll share ‘Kisses’ to end the night. So be a ‘Lifesaver’ and say yes! Will you go to prom with me?” Fortunately, Gage said yes to her promposal and gave her a hug. When Tiffany was asked why she decided to go with a candy themed take on asking him, she said, “Because whenever we hang out we just end up eating so much candy, and so I thought it would be cute.” The Cougar Claw also asked her if she was nervous and she said that she was, but the response she got was no surprise to her. This is just one of the many sweet examples of a good “promposal” experience. Student’s invitations to prom this year were nothing short of