Purpose -A Nigh to Remember

Lucy Rivera, Community Editor

I had the opportunity to attend the Justin Bieber Purpose Tour on April 2 at the Vivint Smart Home Arena. His tour kicked off in Seattle, Washington. Differing in many ways from his previous Tour, Believe, in 2013, I can definitely say the concert was worth every penny. Tickets ranged from $180 upper bowl seats to $1,900 pit seats. I paid a total of $736 for two lower bowl seats. My kid sister, Abby Rivera, student at Kearns High School, said the concert was loud, but overall a blast.

Justin Bieber entered the stage enclosed in a clear box to his song “Mark My Words.” Thousands of girls, including myself, screamed and cheered. He strummed his guitar to his popular song “Love Yourself” as his fans all wept and sang along. Bieber ended the concert with a jaw-dropping performance that left girls jittering. “Sorry” was performed by a shirtless Bieber who danced beside his dancers under a shower of water. Kylee Eldredge, a student at Kearns High School, said her favorite part of the concert was when he was in the water, but enjoyed his performance to “Children.”

Fans awaited Justin’s arrival for hours. My sister and I waited outside the arena for close to four hours. However, aching legs and constant moans could not alter the excitement we felt. Kaleigh Romero, also a Kearns High student, told me in an interview that she only waited outside for an hour.

Bieber’s opening acts were Post Malone and a new coming artist, Moxie Raia.