Chattes March to First Place

Jennifer Sepulveda Lopez, Sports Editor

On December 3, 2016 the amazing Kearns High school Chattes went on for a competition that set record in the Kearns High School Drill Team History. Going up against Cyprus,Ogden, And Box Elder High School. The girls and others doubted themselves just a little, but no matter the negativity they still put in as much effort as they could. Since the program started  it has been a goal to be First in the overall category. The lady Chattes first received the news of being 3rd in military. After they announce them taking 2nd in dance, the ladies got pretty excited. Hearts beating and joy began to hit the room after being announce 1st in kick. What blew everyone away and changed history in the Kearns High School Drill team was winning 1st place in the overall 4A category. “The whole team was so overjoyed and just about all of the girls started crying. The energy in the locker room and on the bus ride home was so unreal! It feels good to make our coaches, family, and community proud.” Said Savannah Thurtell. The Chattes are looking forward to working hard, improving, and becoming better than they are today in the future. These ladies put in so much hard work and effort, showing it all off on the stage. Let’s show some school spirit and support the amazing Chattes. Once a Cougar, always a Cougar.